Flowchart provides an alternate way of defining your process or workflow. It offers more branching logical operators, enabling you to create complex business processes more efficiently. It is more suitable for business users who know about the process to be automated and can easily depict it using a flowchart.
Here is example which takes name as input from user and displays based on the options entered. Displaying of name is added in new Sequence. Using invoke workflow, new Sequence is invoked to display the name entered by user.
Come, let's create this process in Process Designer:
Launch and create a new process in Process Designer
Launch Process Designer from the Windows Start menu located under IntelliBuddies Enterprise
Create New Process
Click on New Process and fill in the new process details
Create or add a flow chart.
- Create new Flowchart
Note: This Flowchart is created as a separate workflow. Invoke this workflow from the main workflow for execution.
- Add a Flowchart from the activity panel to the main panel.
- In Activity panel search for Input Dialog
- Drag and drop Input Dialog activity to main panel connecting to start of Flowchart.
- Input Dialog is added twice. One to get name input from user and other to check with user to display or reenter the name.
- Add Flow decision connecting the flow and checking the user input to route the control based on condition.
- Set the parameters
Save the process
- From the Design tab ribbon, click on Save
Run the process
- From the Design tab ribbon, click on Run
Make sure the process executes and pops up an input dialog. Enter the name and click on Ok. Then message box with 'Input name is ...' appears.
Download Example (C#)