Sequence is the basic activity that is used to enclose a group of activities. They contain activities that execute sequentially and consistently one after the other and act as a single block activity. Sequences can be reused again as part of a state machine or flowchart.
- Copying a set of sequential activities will be easier if placed within a sequence. Select and copy a Sequence containing a set of activities and paste it, either inside a different sequence or inside a separate process.
- Sequences can take information from a .pdf file and add it to a spreadsheet, and reuse it.
- Here is an example process which takes user input and displays Message Box with user input name.
Come, let's create this process in Process Designer:
Launch and create a new process in Process Designer
- Launch Process Designer from the Windows Start menu located under IntelliBuddies Enterprise
Create New Process
Click on New Process and fill in the new process details
- In Activity panel search for Input Dialog
- Drag and drop Input Dialog activity to main panel.
Save the process
- From the Design tab ribbon, click on Save
Run the process
- From the Design tab ribbon, click on Run
Make sure the process executes and pops up an input dialog. Enter the name and click on Ok. Then message box with 'Input name is ...' appears.
Download Example (C#)